Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HW 5B- Will blogging really take over?

“Today, once again, we confront the possibility that a new communications and publishing technology-in this case blogging-will engender massive change in our society, most especially in the role and power of the traditional mainstream media. But in trying to assess the likely shape and scope of those changes, we would do well to remember that tomorrow’s possibilities are always forged upon the anvil of today’s social and economic realities. Change, in other words, comes to the world on the world’s terms, constrained by the limits of our political economy and human nature” In the chapter, “I Blog Therefore I Am”, Kline discusses how the world of blogging will take over the world of mainstream media. He seems to think that blogging is a new and improved way of communication. I do not deny that blogging is getting more and more popular as time goes by, but I don’t that it will ever be so popular, that it will take over mainstream media. Kline in some ways believes blogging to be the new and best thing to come to earth. However, never have even heard of blogging until I entered this class, I really question how that could be. He tends to think that blogging is “a new communication”. How is that? I do believe that it literally is a new form of communication but not THE NEW form. I truly reject is ideas of it taking over and becoming ever so popular.

No comments: