Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 16- Five Pillars

Scoble had his own way of describing the reasons why blogging is so ‘hot’. He liked to call them the Five Pillars. If you do not understand what they are, here is a further explanation of each.

Ease of Publishing- Blogging is a really simple way of keeping an online journal, communicating with others, and posting information for others to view. It does not cost money and it is user friendly. If you were to try to publish things or keep a journal in some other form it may be more difficult to accomplish. I went right to blogger.com and registered and I was able to blog within a few minutes. I do not consider myself a computer person either and it was really simple for me to figure out.

Discoverability- Blogs are very simple to discover. You can search topics in which you want to view. You are also able to attach different websites to your blog and are able to watch different sites. Writers are able to use indication words about their blog in order for it to be more assessable to others also. I am currently watching a democratic page and I can just click on a link that I have on my bloglines page. Very simple.


Cross-site Conversations- This is the ability to see who is viewing your blog as well as what they have viewed. It is helpful to see how many people have looked at what you have to say. I would love to see how many people have looked at my blog.

Permalinking- Permalinking is the ability to save links in which you view. This way it makes it easier to look at things you like to read a lot. It saves time being able to go directly to the page rather than going to a site and having to search through all the work trying to find what you wanted to read. People can just get the link to an article they like to read and view the comments on rather than searching though all the blogs the writer has done.

Syndication- This is the ability to be able to look at anyone’s blog and able to write or comment on them without giving out information. It was is way to keep information personal yet able to reach out and communicate with others at the same time.

No comments: