Thursday, September 6, 2007

HW3 Responce to Chapter One

In chapter one of "Blog" by: David Kline and Dan Burstein they talked about how blogging is becoming more political. I was very surprised by this because my understanding of blogging brings me right back to face book. Then I would ask myself, why isn't facebook becomming more political? Facebook is frowned upon by alot of society and how come blogging isnt? Blogging is becoming more corporprate than ever before and that is scary to me in some ways. Chapter one Burstein dicusses more about blogging and they way he thinks blogging will be in the furute. Some people agree with him but some disagree. I woul dhave to be a person who disagrees with him. I have never heard of blogging before and if it is so popular and becoming global and political how come i haven't heard of it?! Burstein's theory is relevant to him, not relevant to mine at all.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Leanne, this is your response to "Toward a More Participatory Democracy," correct?
I think Facebook is becoming more political--I know that grassroots activists as well as the bigger organizers are doing a lot more on it than they would have in the last election.
I wonder if Facebook is frowned upon more than blogs because Facebook users in general are younger.