Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for Semester Long Project

I am not very big on social commuting, but out of all the choices I am most interested in aggregators and instant messaging. I use aggregators for downloading music. I love to listen to music so I-Tunes are a big part of my life. I can choose anything I want to listen to and just download it onto my I Pod and bring it anywhere with me. Instant messaging also is a part of my life. I have had AIM since I was in fifth grade. It is a great way to communicate with family and friends. I used it even more then than I do now because it was before I got a cell phone. It sometimes comes in handy when doing a school project. People tell each other what time to come online and people can communicate easier. I use it more now since I am at college. I am able to keep in touch with more friends from home than I would be able to over the phone.
Looking at the list of different kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups, I am most interested in overcoming barriers of urban communities. I have always been interested in the inner city school system. I find it interesting to see hoe many inner city students attend college compared to other suburban communities. It affects everything from social class, money, and opportunities. The area of interest I would like to look into would be the US. I think would be more effective for me to do research that would bring me closer to home.

No comments: