Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW 27- Eye Opener

Riverbend, Baghdad Burning, Girl Blog from Iraq First Feminist Press Edition, 2005
Ahdaf Soueif, Foreword copyright 005
James Ridgeway Introduction copyright 2005

This book seems to be an eye catcher. From only reading the first few pages of the book, I am sucked in all ready. Riverbend, as well as Soueif and Ridgeway, really put the war into a new perspective. I have never really taken the time to reflect on the actions being taken over seas, but now not only do I feel for them but I respect them. We are set out to think of Iraqi’s as such bad people and have the worst possible stereotypes put out there for us to take hold of. It is so sad that we take in such negative images of them when they are not the problem. Riverbend is a civilian just like you and me and after reading this book you can really see that. This book is going to be a fast and excellent read for anyone and I can not wait to get started.

No comments: